 Model Team / 841
Re: Demag cc12600 Crawler Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
I was just surfin' through Brickshelf and came across Chris Davis' Demag
CC12600 model:

(CAD rederings of CC12600)

(Actual construction- turntable and part of crawler base)

Anyone else seen this? Looks like a monster!

I saw it yesterday, it looks promising.

My only advice would be to change the boom construction, or provide more
bracing. It will not be strong in the lateral direction, and will flop over
sideways during a heavy lift. Something like this is good:
http://www.texbrick.com/creations/msg50/truss.jpg

He's also doubled up on the diagonal bracing unnecessarily. His diagonal
bracing's overlap forming a cross while on prototype cranes there's just one
bracing forming a triangle.

Steve