 MediaWatch / 846 (-20)
  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) How true. It always amuses me at how our society "shuns" those parts of the Bible that aren't all holy and pure. Guess what people? You have to deal with the bad AND the good because the original writers are trying to TELL you something (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) Would the FBI care? (I don't think the FBI starts looking at you until your a suspect of something, so unless you've got a reason to think the FBI may be after you...) I'd think the NSA, CIA, or the newly formed Homeland Security Department (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) stronger bastions of respectable journalism in the UK. In any case, I sent the following letter to the editor. It's couched in the usual over-assertive letter-to-the-editor style that seems the only way to get past the sub-editors. to: (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

(...) (URL) bother - the FBI already knows you like LEGO. And their logic might not be as rigorous as that reporter's. (That was sarcasm. I hope.) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Brick Testament site linked with child porn case??!!

This is very weird how they grouped the Brick Testament site along with the other offensive material...I guess I better purge my cache at work! Seems like they have blown this way out of proportion at this poor guys expense (or they were just (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general) !!

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto Makes the Front Page. Literally.

The December 22nd, 2002 Sunday edition of the Toronto Star features a Lego brick mosaic of the paper's banner, in place of the normal banner on the top of the front page. It also includes a detailed article about rtlToronto and Lego enthusiasts in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch) !!

  Socceroos and LEGO

Spotted on p.75 of yesterday's Herald-Sun: a photo of Socceroos coach Frank Farina sitting behind a LEGO Soccer field! The interview didn't mention LEGO at all, just Australia's greater chance of actually appearing in the next World Cup, but I just (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: News Flash - Life on Mars in short supply!

(...) lol, sounds like somebody at ABC has a child with LOM sets on their list :) Julie (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  News Flash - Life on Mars in short supply!

Last night (18 December 2002) ABC Nightly News included the usual holiday segment on frantic parents searching for the season's "hot" toys, and a LEGO item was mentioned. According to our crack reporter, the "Life on Mars" (LOM) series is hard to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego Drug Humor with Technic Figures

Interestingly enough, these images appeared in a popular Israeli magazine called "Rating". Kind of a cross between a weekly magazine and a TV guide. It appeared next to the editor's column. Supposedly, it's part of the war against drugs (????? cute (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Mindstorms on Fox Toledo

Last Thursday (12/12) there was a small segment about a local LEGO Mindstorms competition in NW Ohio on Fox Toledo news. I didn't catch the exact location, but the goal of the competition was to design robots to navigate an urban environment. -chris (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego in Jan Toy Fare (#65)

Toy Fare has weird priorities. Jan 2003 P.38 shows the March Bionicle releases and SW mini snowspeeder and AT-ST, plus an NBA set. There are details about the September Bionicle video. Galidor in Letters col. Then there is an article about the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Article on "Expresso" newspaper

This week's edition of portuguese newspaper Expresso had a three page article about Legoland California, written by Tony Jenkins (New York Times?). There is a description of the park's attractions, with a few photos, along with the mention that (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Have I got news for you

Hi. Thanks to everyone for the info. It's much appreciated. If someone could tape the show and get me a copy, that's be really great to have. I'd be happy to reimburse for all the costs involved. I have a friend who can play videocassettes in the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Have I got news for you, repeat is on BBC 2

The segment was in respect to "tat" being sold by the church. The featured items were a "nodding" figure of Jesus, an inflatable cathedral and the "Brick Testament" Father, Son & Holy Ghost set. It didn't mention the web site that they were (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Have I got news for you, repeat is on BBC 2

(...) Correction: The repeat will be broadcasted on BBC 2 (not 1), starting at 22.30 GMT. The Brick Testament feature will be in the round where a partly obscured newspaper headline is shown to the members of the panel, and they have to guess what (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Have I got news for you

The Brick Testament featured on tonight's episode of the BBC program 'Have I got news for you' in the 'Odd one out' round. If you can receive BBC1 you can see the repeat on saturday night. Duq (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: NGLTC Festival of Trees Setup is complete

Our display turned up in the Festival of Trees picture in the Atlanta Journal: (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Best Inventions

Just saw a 5 minute item about Lego on BBC's 'Best Inventions'. Nothing new or shocking, but nice to see Lego get a bit of airtime... Duq (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Linux Journal Cover

(...) I'll ask Don Marti (the new Editor in Chief) about that tonight when I see him. He's also the president of my local LUG (that's LINUX user's group) which happens to be meeting tonight (www.svlug.org) I wonder whose LEGO minifigs those are on (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact