 MediaWatch / 821 (-20)
  Macromedia SotD

LEGO's new backlot game is macromedias Site of the Day (URL) Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Wired.com: "Lego Site Irks Maori Sympathizer"

(...) Thank you, Tommy! Finally a link to an article with accurate information regarding the BZP/hacker story. This has been a frustration for those of us who are affiliated with the site. It's amazing just how much damage a single hacker can do. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Wired.com: "Lego Site Irks Maori Sympathizer"

The whole Bionicle, Maori thing is probably not news to most Luggers.... and this story has been posted in other threads... but I came across this on Wired.com and thought I would post it anyway..... (URL) Ergo Lego" (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: HP Lego on Local Fox News

(...) Oh, my sadness was just because the ONLY kids they mentioned and showed playing with Lego were 4-6. Kids that were 7-12 were off playing with other stuff. And I remember those being my PRIME Lego years as a child, just before my dark ages. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego appearson TechTV

Cool!! I'll make a note to check the listings every few days. You ARE going to wear a LUGNet T-Shirt, aren't you? James (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  Lego Float in Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

I was watching NBC's Today Show and they did a quick bit on this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Among the floats they glossed over was a Lego float. The camera angle didn't show much (especially after the camera feed froze up), but it looked (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Lego appearson TechTV

Darn, I missed that one. Yes, it is the LegWay. Oh, wait. There was a mix-up with the travel plans, and it was re-scheduled for Dec 20th. I wasn't going to say anything, until I actually went out to film it. Trust me, I'll let you know when it's (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  Lego appearson TechTV

I was perusing the "The Screen Savers" website ((URL) and came across a reference to a "Lego Segway" in the production notes for 11/15/02. In the actual show's web page, there is no reference to this. Could this be Steve Hassenplug's "Legway"??? - (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  Linux Journal Cover

This month's Linux Journal has an awesome Lego-based cover picture. (URL) (I'll post a bigger picture once I've got it scanned.) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Brick Testament on Live with Chris Moyles?

I was contacted earlier this week by someone from the UK television show Live with Chris Moyles. They were interested in interviewing me over the phone while they showed stuff from The Brick Testament. It was suggested that they might call me this (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: HP Lego on Local Fox News

I think that most of us went through a period of time in which we took up interest in other toys instead of LEGO®, this is known as 'The Dark Ages'. My old argument was that with video games and all, kids would never go back to The Brick. Then I (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  HP Lego on Local Fox News

Monday night on our local Fox News station (Boston, MA), there was a little 3 minute bit on "The best toys this holiday season" or some such. The idea being that they were going to take a group of kids and turn them loose on roughly 20 pre-picked (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  In Touch

Last night's "In Touch", on BBC R4, contained a Lego item. This is how it was described: ==+== ETHNIC ENABLE Lego is used as a training technique in business. The idea, is that by building symbolic models, you can focus companies' attention on their (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  PC Magazine - November 5, 2002

PC Magazine - November 5, 2002 Front of magazine titled: 104 ways to make Windows Work Better Page 8, article titled Robots, Robots Everywhere, by Michael J. Miller extracted from article: "Robotics is about to become the latest craze in (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Almost a drug...

This weekend, MonLUG and ParLUGment participated in a Montreal Area train show and we had a little article on page 11 of Sunday's edition of Le Journal de Montreal about the show and our participation. The article, which is written in french, can be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  tornado metaphor

A news reporter on 13 ABC Toledo, used the metaphor of a child playing with LEGO blocks and then destroying what he has built to describe damage due to the severe weather that roared through northwest Ohio earlier today. -chris ps. i was playing (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  lugnet in Swedish Computer magazine "Mikrodatorn"

Today I read "Mikrodatorn" #13, a Swedish computer magazine coming every four weeks ((URL) and found a half page about lugnet! The author Jörgen Bergfors, technical editor at Mikrodatorn, is impressed by lugnet. I quote (my shortened translations, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.mediawatch) !!

  Re: Caroline Rhea in Lego

(...) Found a pic: (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Hot Toys, Already Melting Away

This was reprinted in my local newspaper, the Raleigh NC (USA) 'News and Observer' today. Here's the original Washington Post article: (URL) Potter's Chamber of Secrets Lego set is already gone from some stores, one toy expert said after visiting a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Wall Street Journal - Jack O Lantern

Oct 30 WSJ - In an article on the commercial possibilities of Halloween on the first page of the second section there's a photo of a Lego Jack O Lantern under construction for Legoland. The caption cites "77,000" pieces used in its construction. I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact