 MediaWatch / 507
Re: LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:46:05 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Matthew Gerber writes:
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-000010593feb11.story

Some relevant quotes:

"We're redefining Lego," said Andrew Black, president of the company's
Americas division. "It's not just about bricks. It's about learning and
different ways of using your mind."

Dear Lego,

Please fire this guy and hire someone who realizes that these kinds of
products (Bionicle, Racers, Galidor, even the Throwbots) are the wrong
direction for your company.  You make great contruction toys and the best
bricks around but frankly you do a terrible job at action figures.

I've seen countless store shelves FULL of these things at 50% or more
markdown because the stores just can't sell them.  We don't want them and
the other companies make much better action figures anyway.  You make the
best contruction toys and especially bricks, but I'm seeing less and less
shelf space at my stores dedicated to these excellent products.

Your company has always been about learning and creative play.  This new
direction that you've taken seems to me to be less about inspiring
creativity and more about cashing in on the creativity of others.

Ben Roller