 MediaWatch / 517
Re: LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 04:46:08 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Chris Fenter writes:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Peter Root writes:
And exactly what else do you do with all of this Jack Stoner stuff when
you're tired of it?. Leave it on a shelf and play with something else
entirely. And what did you do when you got tired of your new System set?
Dismantled it and make something entirely different *from it*. The new lines
are fad toys (as was already said), like collecting action man, stickers or
top trumps - where's the creativity, imagination and choice in that?

When you're tired of the Jack Stone stuff, you pull it apart and build
something else from it.... you probably combine some of your system stuff,
because there aren't that many pieces in the smaller JS sets. The JS sets
contain some good parts, but some parts are larger (to make it easier for
the target market), so you get less parts in a set.

...and pieces are larger, so prices per piece are higher. Hardly suprising,
and hardly offensive.

But why rant about JS and not about Duplo? Duplo sets tend to be less
flexible than similarly sized and priced JS sets, and Duplo is not nearly as
compatible with System.

Look at the JS parts turning up in 2002 sets... there is plenty of good
stuff there.

Cheers

Richie Dulin