 MediaWatch / 505
504  |  506
Subject:
LEGO-Galidor Perspective In L.A. Times Article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 05:43:49 GMT

Andrew Black covers some of the burning questions many people are asking in
other threads in this article from yesterday's L.A. Times:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-000010593feb11.story

Some relevant quotes:

"We're redefining Lego," said Andrew Black, president of the company's
Americas division. "It's not just about bricks. It's about learning and
different ways of using your mind."

"If you bought five or six Galidor toys, took all the pieces apart and then
rebuilt them, you can create products Lego hasn't thought of," Black said.
"What you're seeing us do is creating and redefining the company. We're
creating new forms of building and in this particular case, we've done what
we do so well in creating a new building system and marrying it with story."

Black said each of Lego's new products could be seen as a construction
product, just using different kinds of building blocks.
"With Galidor, you're building action figures," Black said. "With Music
Builder, you're building songs.

"We've taken what was traditional Lego and we've created a brand new
building system that's never been done before."

Matt

(Repost in relevant threads if you like)