 MediaWatch / 2198
Re: Manchester's Millyard in the news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:39:22 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Chris Phillips wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, Edward Welsh wrote:
   Good coverage of the Millyard Project is in the Nashua Telegraph. NELUG played a vital role in the project. Go NELUG!

Wow. The level of architectural detailing in this project is something you usually would only see in MiniLand-scale buildings. My heart practically skipped a beat when I saw the pictures of the project members moving those mill buildings around. What a spectacular mess that could have been if there had been any loose shoelaces/unattended banana peels around.

Great job. I’ll have to make the pilgrimage up to NH to see the display.

Spotlighted!!

Thanks, Chris. There is some video footage in the NELUG galleries somewhere of us carrying those buildings--NELUGgers feel free to point out a specific link.

Dougls Heuser gave a really nice interview that’s up at the Nashua Telegraph website here. It shows only a small slice of the largest permanent minifig scale display in the world. It was shot on Tuesday, before we got it completely peopulated, but it gives you some idea. I highly recommend a visit. It’s truly vast.