 MediaWatch / 2197
Re: Sniffing around for a firehouse (Was: Manchester's Millyard in the news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ma
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:37:43 GMT

Apologies for replying to my own post . . . but,

I actually lived within a mile from the Merrimack River (in Mass) in the early 70’s. From ‘74-78 I believe.

   I remember visiting a firehouse with a tall hose tower on the banks of the river

And, there it is: http://www.nefirenews.com/mass/HaverhillHQ.jpg

I think it is a nice looking station. But, rummaging around the firenews website I came across another Haverhill, MA station that I think is just gorgeous!

http://www.nefirenews.com/mass/HaverhillSta1.jpg

In my opinion, that is a beauty!

Jonathan