 MediaWatch / 1526 (-20)
  Spiderman animation made by folks of Monty Python fame

The guys who made the Monty Python Lego short are making one for Spiderman. Here's the story: (URL) Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament sighting on The Daily Show

(...) Oops, that's right! Thanks, Adrian. I was able to get a screen grab from this morning's rebroadcast (actually I just took a photo of my TV) during the approximately 1.5 seconds the image from The Brick Testament was aired. For your viewing (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brick Testament sighting on The Daily Show

(...) They also rerun it at 7pm. Adrian (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Brick Testament sighting on The Daily Show

I just received word that today's episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart had a segment called "This Week In God" where an image from The Brick Testament was briefly flashed on the screen. Hoorah! For any of you who missed it (like me), Comedy (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Legoland Tracking Devices

Found this today: (URL) if they only had this technology for socks! Jeramy (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Brendan Powell on Unscrewed* lastnight

(...) Thanks. It wasn't exactly rehearsed--I'd never spoken to the host until I went on air, but they did send me a list of likely questions they'd ask, so I'll admit I had several answers ready to go. Right after the interviewed taped, I had this (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Brendan Powell on Unscrewed* lastnight

I normally won't watch this show (since they changed the time slot - LOL), but I noticed on the previews lastnight that Brendan would be on. Nice interview, although you could tell it had been rehearsed. They showed a few shots from Brendan's (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Master Builder Piece

There's a short piece on LLCA Master Builder Dan Bennett in the June 2004 issue of Kiplinger's Personal Finance. There is a photo of Dan standing inbetween two Miniland NYC skyscrapers, holding a model in his hands that looks like an armored car. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Newspaper article about the AFOL community

(...) Heh, I thought that was pretty funny too-- although if I'm not mistaken, I think that's what was actually intended: "Un véritable orgasme plastique, pour lequel les vrais fans du célèbre jeu de construction sont prêts à tout." "Une vraie orgie (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Newspaper article about the AFOL community

(...) An English translation (courtesy of Babblefish): (URL) Gotta love computer translation for making things humerous... I personally like "a[n] orgasme plastic" to describe the moment of completeing a sculpture...and "A true orgy of Lego!" -Rob (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newspaper article about the AFOL community

(...) Very cool! I tried to translate it using Alta Vista Babel Fish. It worked out good enough to get the majority of the story. But there were a few, lets say interesting, translations! -it is the dream job for large children (What? Thin children (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Newspaper article about the AFOL community

(...) Thanks for the heads-up, Pierre. I live in Montreal (West Island to be precise), and I live two minutes away from a depaneur. When I saw your post, I went out to the depaneur to buy a copy of today's issue. Quite the interesting article! -Matt (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Newspaper article about the AFOL community

Hello, Here's an article about the adult LEGO community published in the newspaper "La Presse" in Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and on their web site. Featuring quotations from Christina Hitchcock, Calum Tsang, Jake McKee and myself. I hope you know a (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  LUCNY at Finger Lakes Rail Fair 2004

Here's a video segment used by an Ithaca, NY television station during our most recent show at the Finger Lakes Rail Fair: (URL) partial transcript is also at this address, including this statment by the video journalist - "But it's the Lego train (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org) !

  History of McDonalds Happy Meal Toys

A brief history of McDonalds Happy Meal Promotions: (URL) article has the first Lego kit sightings at 1989, but I recall Lego Happy Meals around 1984 or 1985. (URL) is the Text from the Article. Lego paragraph only: "LEGO Motion, August 1989 – The (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO on TechTV

(...) For all those who missed the show, well, you didn't miss much. Turns out the show was taped to air 7/22. It was a great show, and a lot of fun. ...except for one mechanical failure on my 3 week old robot... Tune in later for more details. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  LEGO rated UK adult's favorite toy

Found this on Yahoo!: (URL) rated adult's favorite toy> Of course LUGNET readers already knew that, right? JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 2-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: While you were out Lego episode

(...) Yes, not only does Beth read Lugnet, but she also replied here (URL) recent show was a rerun, which I was compelled to watch once again. Each time I see Beth's wonderful Lego structures collapse under the hands of Leslie, Evan, Chase, and (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: LEGO on TechTV

(...) I'm not sure how well this will work. I just spoke with them, and in addition to the segment, the robots will be playing against people (staff & audience) during the entire show. How big is a one hour show, when converted to mpeg? :) Steve (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: While you were out Lego episode

(...) Reads and posts: (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact