 MediaWatch / 1518
Re: Newspaper article about the AFOL community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:23:51 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Rob Antonishen wrote:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Pierre Normandin wrote:
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actuel/article/1,4230,0,062004,705873.shtml

An English translation (courtesy of Babblefish):
<http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyberpresse.ca%2Foutil%2Fimprimer.php%3Fid%3DTnpBMU9EY3o%3D&lp=fr_en

Gotta love computer translation for making things humerous...

I personally like "a[n] orgasme plastic" to describe the moment of
completeing a sculpture...and "A true orgy of Lego!"

Heh, I thought that was pretty funny too-- although if I'm not mistaken, I think
that's what was actually intended:

"Un véritable orgasme plastique, pour lequel les vrais fans du célèbre jeu de
construction sont prêts à tout."

"Une vraie orgie de Lego!"

My French is pretty rusty, but I think the translation would be something like:
"A veritable orgasm of plastic, for which true fans of the celebrated building
toy are ready"? And the 2nd quote speaks for itself :) [apparently "orgasm" is
masculine and "orgy" is feminine... innnnteresting...]

DaveE

FUT ot-fun