 MediaWatch / 1517
Re: Newspaper article about the AFOL community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:43:00 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Pierre Normandin wrote:
Hello,

Here's an article about the adult LEGO community published in the newspaper "La
Presse" in Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and on their web site.

Featuring quotations from Christina Hitchcock, Calum Tsang, Jake McKee and
myself.  I hope you know a good online translator because the article is in
french.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actuel/article/1,4230,0,062004,705873.shtml

Pierre

An English translation (courtesy of Babblefish):
<http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyberpresse.ca%2Foutil%2Fimprimer.php%3Fid%3DTnpBMU9EY3o%3D&lp=fr_en>

Gotta love computer translation for making things humerous...

I personally like "a[n] orgasme plastic" to describe the moment of completeing a
sculpture...and "A true orgy of Lego!"

-Rob A>