 Marketplace / Theory / 820
Re: CC acceptance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:17:24 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:
<shameless x plug>

Yep.

I use X too, and I rebate 1/2 of the sign up bonus back to referrers who
choose me. So that's an incentive to pick meeeee....

Go to x.com to read about it, or go to
href=https://preview.x.com/new_account.asp?Referrer=lar@voyager.net if
you want to sign up via me.

I see X as a viable mechanism going forward once it's more widespread,
and I am doing my bit to viral market it... but it does not solve the CC
acceptance problem. Basically, my position is that it's a convenience
for the people paying ME and I don't want to pay for it myself, I can't
afford it, I see no reason to take the hit to my margins, and I won't.

That is NOT a valid position for a large merchant to take. In real
retail, CC acceptance is jacks or better to open, if you don't have it,
you're not in the game. I am not a real retailer, though. Hence my
stance.

Long term, if X takes off and goes worldwide, my factoring service would
be out of business. And that would be awesome, as my long term business
plan for factoring is to NOT BE IN BUSINESS!!!

Did you guys catch that? I DON'T want to factor...

It is a pain, a lot of work, a major impact to my time, and has very
little financial reward (my calculations show that I make something like
2 dollars an hour doing it) other than the personal satisfaction of
helping Lego fans around the world with their commerce.

But that's worth a lot. I still want to be out of biz ASAP.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!