 Marketplace / Theory / 813
Re: CC acceptance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 03:24:40 GMT

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:10:38 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

I'd like to accept credit cards in payment for stuff like factoring and
for auctions.

However I am not a big merchant with huge leverage. I also am not
willing to NET less money because I offer this convenience to my
customers.

I've successfully completed electronic transfers using x.com's "pay a
friend" now.  I still see this as being a viable option, as long as
they stay around.  Their "sign up and get 20 free bucks" deal may not
go on forever, but the convenience alone of the electronic transfers
sold me.

I'm planning on moving my low-interest credit union savings balance
into this account - 4% interest for their checking acct with a balance
of $1,000 or more.  4.5% for $5,000 or more.

To all: check it out for yourselves at www.x.com.  I used my x.com
visa check card to buy my Imation 8x20 CDR from CompUSA this weekend -
no problems.

If you want to sign up, you can always use my address, cjc@newsguy.com
as your referrer.  I won't pass up the $10 referral bonus.  :)

Now that I think about it, though, I remember this is only available
for US residents now, so it wouldn't be a total solution for your
situation, but it's a nice free partial solution.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/