 Marketplace / Theory / 810
    CC acceptance —Larry Pieniazek
   I'd like to accept credit cards in payment for stuff like factoring and for auctions. However I am not a big merchant with huge leverage. I also am not willing to NET less money because I offer this convenience to my customers. I thought I had found (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: CC acceptance —Susan Hoover
     (...) ...which would be quite handy for factorees and customers, not to mention safer as far as sending wads of cash overseas goes. (...) FWIW, marking up the stated price for CC purchases is also against Texas state law. However, giving a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: CC acceptance —Lindsay Frederick Braun
      (...) This is the nicest part about being in the US--I've been able to demand payment in my currency, with reasonable expectation that the buyer will be able to provide it. (...) That's true in MI and NJ as well, IIRC--but it's very grey in both (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: CC acceptance —Troy Cefaratti
     (...) Unfortunately, when you sign up for a merchant account it is usually in the contract somewhere that you are not allowed to charge more for the service. :/ Which really sucks in areas with low margins, If you are only make 10% profit and have (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: CC acceptance —Mike Stanley
     (...) Gotta love the government sticking its nose into private dealings between two people... (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: CC acceptance —Mike Stanley
   (...) I've successfully completed electronic transfers using x.com's "pay a friend" now. I still see this as being a viable option, as long as they stay around. Their "sign up and get 20 free bucks" deal may not go on forever, but the convenience (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: CC acceptance —Larry Pieniazek
   Mike Stanley wrote: <shameless x plug> Yep. I use X too, and I rebate 1/2 of the sign up bonus back to referrers who choose me. So that's an incentive to pick meeeee.... Go to x.com to read about it, or go to href=https://preview...oyager.net if you (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)