 Marketplace / Theory / 670
Re: Supply and demand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:39:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, James Brown writes:
Contrast that to my seeing 6067 or 4558 on a store shelf now - I'd buy every
single copy I saw, because I *know* I'll at least get my money back.

I'd love to see LEGO rerelease old sets, for the nostalgia value if nothing
else.  I'd buy things that reminded me of my childhood, sure.  But I'd buy 1.
After that it becomes a parts pack, just like every other set on the shelf.

Honestly, I don't think LEGO will re-release old sets... Most people won't
know that "set A" on the shelf is actually "4558 from 1991."  Therefore,
there's not much of a point for LEGO to do something like that.

There may be others, but is 2150 the only set they re-released, even though it
was a different colour?

But I hafta admit, I'd love to see them re-release old sets too...

Bryan

They already missed the golden opportunity to rerelease sets - they
could have rereleased the best of the classic space sets as "20th
anniversary sets."

The parents who were 8 years old when they first played with those
sets would want to buy them for their own 8 year olds.

The idea might work even better with 25th anniversary sets, depending
on how how long people wait before having children.  It's not
too late to do this.  (LEGO, take note and make hurried plans =)

--

jthompson@esker.com    "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"