 Marketplace / Theory / 665
Re: Supply and demand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:41:10 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes:
True collectors will always want the original thing.
<snip>

How do you REALLY know that you have an old brick versus a new brick.  I think
Lego is not quite the same thing as old vinyl -- whose disk and cover can be
verified often by dates right on the labels and so forth.

The only reason I paid that is that I know
that if I ever bored with it, I can sell it on to some other fool  for more or
less the same price... I do not really think it is worth $190.

My point exactly, the stuff isn't worth eBay prices even by the estimation of
a collector.  If lego rereleases stuff, if we paid a lot for old sets -- we
will get burned -- but isn't it worth the burn if we get to build more readily
with the parts we have long desired?

-- Richard