 Marketplace / Theory / 660
Re: Supply and demand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:15:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes:
I think the question is also "what is a set worth?". There are very few • people on
the planet who would pay even $100 for a used 4558. Just because AFOL's do, • are
they really worth that? Or is what they go for at local charity shops and • garage
sales the real value?

How about what you can get for them after the Y2K apocalypse occurs?

= )

No, really -- I think the garage sale is the true guage of the price.  If they
are sold to the masses, then we should go by the price for "used" among the
masses also.  We collectors are nuts -- truly!  All collector stuff is this
way.

-- Richard