 Marketplace / Theory / 2262
Re: YATA Selling MOC Instructions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:38:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Bram Lambrecht writes:
(YATA = yet another thread about[1])
and http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=34657

I, like many of us, have been asked for building instructions several
times...generally when I receive an email about my site, it includes a plea • for
instructions (or an entire kit).  Suppose I could make instruction booklets of
this caliber:
Would you buy them?  How much would you be willing to pay?  For printed color?
For black and white?  For which models? ( http://lego.bldesign.org )
Trying to see if it's worth the effort,

Hi Bram,  (changing newsgroups a bit)

I would be wildly more likely to buy a book of the stuff that you think is best
from across your themes than to buy instructions for one thing.  If you could
produce something that included glossy high quality prints of at least a render
of the completed model and then basic color print of the instructions, I think
you would find many buyers.  Knowing this market, you would be able to charge
more by making it a limited print run or something.

I bet that more people than just I would pay $50 for a nice production of 150
pages.  If you're making them by hand, one at a time, that's probably not worth
it.  But if you can actually have them printed and bound, it might well be.  I
wonder how many you'd have to print to be worth it?  I also wonder, what kinds
of binding are available to the small print run?

Good luck,

Chris