 Marketplace / Theory / 2274
Re: YATA Selling MOC Instructions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:30:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Kerry Raymond writes:

You will find that printing in colour is a lot more expensive than
black-n-white.

Indeed. Order of magnitude or thereabouts!

Perhaps an alternative is to publish on a CD-ROM, which is cheap to produce
and distribute....

And copy.

That’s one reason why I will not create a model for selling.

1. Too many gray pieces
2. Printing, plus pieces would not make it cost effective.
3. Too much work! lol

But, truly the best time for the market was before brickbay, if anything
brickbay has caused the price of specific items to fall considerably. MOC,
yes there is a market, but a small one, for a certain type of builder/buyer.

I personally view Lego building as a hobby, than a business. Of course I do
know many who run a successful business selling Lego sets.

When I am done with my project (whenever that will happen), I am going to
make available the MLCad instructions for building the modules. Though I
seriously doubt most would have the number of bricks to complete it
(Gatehouse alone will take over 14,000 2x4 gray bricks, and 18,000 filler
bricks. :-)