 Marketplace / Theory / 2038
Re: Shipping LEGO from EU to USA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 00:15:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Eric McCarthy wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:

So, in short, does anyone have information about how to
send LEGO without paying a major duty?  Emmanuel, maybe?
Help!

To which Eric McCarthy replied:
Start at
http://news.lugnet.com/market/shipping/?n=265
and follow the link to
http://news.lugnet.com/market/theory/?n=176
and then to
http://dataweb.usitc.gov/scripts/tariff2001.asp
and enter "construction sets" or "95033000".

Okay, I'm still confused.  I ordered some stuff last year from Emmanuel
and I noticed on the shipping invoice (receipt, whatever, the piece of
paper on the box) that something was added.  I don't remember whether
it was VAT or duty or something else, but it was marked in French
francs like the rest of the items.  I'll look it up when I get home...
Any chance this is something I didn't have to pay?

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX, USA