 Marketplace / Theory / 2036
Re: Shipping LEGO from EU to USA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 17:31:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Start at
http://news.lugnet.com/market/shipping/?n=265
and follow the link to
http://news.lugnet.com/market/theory/?n=176
and then to
http://dataweb.usitc.gov/scripts/tariff2001.asp
and enter "construction sets" or "95033000".

  Mega-major thanks, Eric!  That's exactly the exchange
  I was thinking of.  Don't know why I couldn't find it,
  brainfart I suppose.

Does the sender actually have to worry about this? I've had several LEGO
shipments from the NL without any problems (well, one did get opened by customs
but then the return label mentioned something about a biotech company so I can
see why they were interested in what was in the package).

Frank