 Marketplace / Theory / 2052
Re: Shipping LEGO from EU to USA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 04:58:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Troy Cefaratti wrote:

Okay, I'm at home now and I have looked at my receipts.  For one
order, I got a bunch of copies of the same form showing a total of
~1500 FF for merchandise ("BRUT HT"), and that's all.  Then there
is a separate slip for the same shipment that has the ~1500 FF for
BRUT HT, plus another ~500 FF for "PORT TAXABLE".  The total of
~2000 was what was billed to my credit card.  So this sounds like
it's not duty and is instead some sort of tax that is unavoidable.

I didn't have to pick up my package at the PO; it was delivered to
me at work, to the envy of my cow-orkers.  :-)

I've purchased from DYA numerous times and believe that the "port"
charge is the shipping charge.

Probably so.  I never bothered to check the item prices on the receipt
vs. the ones on the order form.  It's been a very long while, but I
think they were all rolled in together on the order form, but separated
out on the receipt.

No complaints here, btw, regarding DYA's service, prices, or product
selection.  :-)

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX, USA