 Marketplace / Shipping / 265
Re: Envelopes are NOT enough (was Re:...never receive your package?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:28:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.market.shipping, Steve Chapple writes:
As for the US govt. types not charging on LEGO heading south, I would
want some more confirmation on that - it doesn't seem likely.

Check out:

http://news.lugnet.com/market/theory/?n=176

This keeps popping up every once in a while. Todd - could you transfer that
info to something on the news.lugnet.com/market/shipping page (or is
news.lugnet.com/market/theory better?)? (I guess I could FTX it and then you
could add the link - perhaps I'll do the FTX tomorrow).

Frank

Good pointer Frank, but you forgot to add the important point that if you go
there and look at the tariff schedule, Steve, you will find that there is
indeed no duty. It so happened that I went through US customs with a Dell
server box full of Lego one time coming back from Ottawa and was able to quote
95033000 to a dubious officer who was about to start looking up to see if he
needed to collect. He didn't.

Plastic building block imports are duty and free regardlesss of country of
origin. Whether there is a Use tax (sales tax) liability is a different
question which I don't care to know the answer to. However USPS doesn't get
involved in collecting it if there is.

++Lar