 Marketplace / Theory / 1428
Re: Interesting way of sabotaging an auction - if the seller is overseas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:28:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Kevin Wilson writes:
Scott A wrote:
I have auction running now. Less than 12 hours into it I have a bid
retraction:
He states:
"I believe there will be a duty fee. I'm not sure I can pay that"

i THINK IF i WERE YOU i'D ADD SOMETHING TO TEH AUCTION DESCRIPTION
sCOTT, (oops caps lock!) pointing out that there's no duty on
construction toys (ie Lego) being imported into teh US.

I thought about what you said, but then I thought bidders may think "there is
no smoke without fire".

I suppose I was annoyed as it happened so early into the auction - when s/he
had so long to ask me about it. I have calmed down now though.

How many bidders look at the bid history anyway? I only look is there is a lot
of bids.

Scott A

Kevin

--