 Marketplace / Theory / 1426
1425  |  1427
Subject:
Interesting way of sabotaging an auction - if the seller is overseas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:21:32 GMT

Interesting way of sabotaging an auction - if the seller is overseas

I have auction running now. Less than 12 hours into it I have a bid
retraction:

He states:
"I believe there will be a duty fee. I'm not sure I can pay that"

I have no idea what his basis is for this, but I have already had one e-mail
asking "do you know of any customs duty?".

I am left wondering if this is a scam? I noticed that, do date, he has 7 bid
retractions to his name:
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=phattbam

Scott A