 Marketplace / Shopping / 8367
RE: Buckets $5 Fri at Walmart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:15:15 GMT

Hi,

The deal on this was on about about a month ago at Walmart (I think it was
on our Thanksgiving weekend).  They were $4.88 Canadian.  I bought three in
the morning and asked my wife to pick up a couple more in the afternoon.
They were all gone by the afternoon.

$4.88 Cdn = $3.10 US.....wasn't a bad deal at all :)

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Kevin Dixon
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 8:52 PM
To: lugnet.market.shopping@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Buckets $5 Fri at Walmart

Hi,

In lugnet.market.shopping, Thomas Stangl writes:
Creator 4810 (254pc)

The database description of this item is practically nonexistent.  Can
anyone describe it, or better yet, provide a scan of the buckets contents?
And what percentage of savings is represented by a total cost of $5 per
bucket?  What's the original price of this item?

Ok, you guys really need to learn to look at the peeron.com
inventories.  It is an amazing resource for this stuff!

I did the inventory for this tub back in the summer:

http://peeron.com/inv/sets/4810?withpics=yes

Basically a lot of bricks, 1 window, 1 door, some slopes, a minifig, and
some misc stuff.  But mostly bricks.

I picked it up for $9.99 canadian, which was not too bad a deal.  The
tubs then all but disappeared after a couple of weeks.  Does anyone know
if tomorrow's deal is available in Canada?  I may just have to stop at
Walmart on the way in to work tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
Kevin