 Marketplace / Shopping / 7476
7475  |  7477
Subject:
confirmed! (was: Old sets being sold in new guise?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 21:02:08 GMT

Hi all!
Ok, when I first saw this thread I was very happy! I could finally get my
Octan Gas station! However, I am unable to read German (even though I am
German), so I emailed the webmaster and asked him what was going on and if I
could order these sets if I lived in the USA. I got an email bak, and here
it is:

Hello Mark,

thank you for your mail!

It's no problem to send the sets to the U.S. (I guess you mean the LEGO
Classics?)

Please fill out the pre-order form at
http://www.1000steine.de/marktplatz/classics/ not later than JUNE-20,
because LEGO Germany wants the orders at the end of June and will deliver
the sets in September this year.

Once that the sets were delivered to me, I will contact you again to clarify
the payment- and shipment-methods (we can make that sooner, too, just mail
me with any questions).

But: Payment before September is not neccassary, if you won't buy your
ordered set(s) in cause of any reasons, I definitily will find another buyer :-)

I hope this information helps and you understand my motley English,

kind regards, René

So now I need to figure out the following:
1) How much are these sets?
2) How much will shipping be?
3) Will these sets be for sale here in the USA (saving me $ in shipping)?

If these will be for sale here in the USA, that would be great! Has anybody
asked anybody at Lego about this (where is Jake when you need him??). Rene
did say "Lego Germany wants the orders at the end of June and will deliver
the sets in September this year." SO I am taking it that they will be made
on an-order basis?? And that Lego-USA is not involved in this? Hmmm, the
plot thickens! I am crossing this to lugnet.dear-lego, cuz if we are asking
for sets.... I put in a vote for classic space, ANY classic space :)
Mark P
mfuss903

In lugnet.market.shopping, Torsten Fresemann writes:
Hi!
I don't know if this has in any way been discussed anywhere yet, but it seems
TLC has reissued a couple of old sets in new packaging and under new set
numbers. Apparently they will come into the shops in September and can now be
preordered at http://www.1000steine.de/marktplatz/classics/ - HOWEVER I do not
know if this is open to international buyers.
Again, as I cannot follow every thread ever made here I may have missed
something, but isn't it odd they should reissue old sets? And why these sets?
Surely 6289 and 6280 were/are not among the most sought-after ones?
There's been some discussion in the past in the German Lego forum that TLC
could issue "silver anniversary" sets or something similar with the sets'
special parts being silver-coloured. Now they come up with this. Why? Does this
demonstrate their inability to come up with something new that is not crap?

Best regards,
Torsten