 Marketplace / Shopping / 7473
Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 17:38:01 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I have a theory about vehicles, in many sets that have vehicles and
buildings, the buildings are the focus so the vehicles may not always be as
nifty as sets that are JUST a vehicle. Ditto for vehicles and railway
rolling stock sets. What do you guys think?

I guess I haven't paid too much attention, but thinking about it, I
think I agree. I suspect a large part of the reason the vehicles are not
so great in a structure set is piece budget more than slack design. Of
course if you could trust parents to buy properly for their kids, one
might not include vehicles at all in a structure set, but a large set
needs to have play value all by itself, so they budget some percentage
of pieces for "accessories". I bet they have guidelines, though they
could be very informal.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com