 Marketplace / Shopping / 7448
Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 21:57:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Torsten Fresemann writes:
Hi!
I don't know if this has in any way been discussed anywhere yet, but it seems
TLC has reissued a couple of old sets in new packaging and under new set
numbers. Apparently they will come into the shops in September and can now be
preordered at http://www.1000steine.de/marktplatz/classics/ - HOWEVER I do not
know if this is open to international buyers.

Yay!  S@H should have them hopefully.  8464(8459) is going to be popular.  I
could not figure out the original number of the gas station.  Any help?

Again, as I cannot follow every thread ever made here I may have missed
something, but isn't it odd they should reissue old sets? And why these sets?
Surely 6289 and 6280 were/are not among the most sought-after ones?

May be they just got enough mails.  I guess they pick those sets because they
are new enough so that the current molding and sorting process can still make
them easily.  They may also pick them base on their internal marketing numbers.
Their aggreement with Lucas may keep them from re-releasing space sets.

Now if they are going to take vote, 8880, 5571 and 6080 would be on the top of
my list.