 Marketplace / Shopping / 7470
Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:20:43 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

"Jacob Arnold" <jacob@gridface.com> wrote in message
Too bad they didn't pick a better Town set to re-release. That's one ugly
tow-truck :-)

Have to disagree with you.  Gash N' Wash Express is a great set.

The tow truck is no great shakes compared to some other classic ones, but if
you buy this set fo the tow truck you're missing the point! As Mike says,
this set has some great parts. And it has high play value. If this does turn
out to be a real release (looks good but who can say) I will be buying some
to give as presents as well as some for myself.

I have a theory about vehicles, in many sets that have vehicles and
buildings, the buildings are the focus so the vehicles may not always be as
nifty as sets that are JUST a vehicle. Ditto for vehicles and railway
rolling stock sets. What do you guys think?

++Lar