 Marketplace / Shopping / 7379
Re: Interesting Conversation re: Service Packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 22:16:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  I quite believe he was conveying his best information, truthfully.
  Now whether or not that information *is actually true* is another
  matter altogether.  Take it with a grain of salt, but you might
  be surprised at how much the S@H divisions know about one another.
  I've had a few interesting conversations with Enfield staff on
  that score--but again, truth is only determined from inside the
  Castle. :)

If there.

I think sometimes I (1) am guilty of thinking that TLC is somehow different
from other big corporations, and different groups know more than the average
about what other groups are doing. (2)

At most big corporations, policy flows down from on high and by the time it
reaches the troops, it's been distorted into who knows what. Information
flows up the same path and by the time it reaches the decision makers it too
has been spun into bizarre and unusual things.

(you all know the "fertilizer story" right?)

To the extent that the hierarchy at TLC and especially within LD is flat,
that does tend to help the problem somewhat.

1 - as well as others too.
2- I should know better, having worked with so many different companies as I
have, but still...

++Lar