 Local / United Kingdom / 6536
Re: Interesting Conversation re: Service Packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 21:59:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jimmy Park writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Rose Regner writes:

Well, then I wonder who this person is at S@H, AKA Lego Direct, that doesn't
know this.

I think it was simply miscommunication on the part of the sales rep.  I mean
we all take what s@h phone operators say with a grain of salt at best.  To
think that some European operator would know what's going on in America is a
bit of a reach.

  As I tried to make clear, it was hearsay--one source, placed
  purely on the European side, albeit not merely "some European
  operator," because he had an inordinate interest in the mechanics
  of proxy buying and factoring, what we do, the secondary market
  markup, inventory control, and various other issues related to
  the business end that I just can't see some phone drone caring
  about, can you?

  Perhaps his own information was incorrect, but he conveyed a
  great sense of certainty about it, i.e., that he wasn't lying
  to me.

Though I must say that other parts of what he said has a ring of truth to
it. . .

  I quite believe he was conveying his best information, truthfully.
  Now whether or not that information *is actually true* is another
  matter altogether.  Take it with a grain of salt, but you might
  be surprised at how much the S@H divisions know about one another.
  I've had a few interesting conversations with Enfield staff on
  that score--but again, truth is only determined from inside the
  Castle. :)

  best

  LFB

Whatever the truth may be, I think TLC knows AFOLs are buyers and that we
have a great interest in seeing some of the discontinued items or a return
of older themes.  Thier problem may be that they are uncertain how to market
and approach this adult market, when their primary target for DECADES has
been 4-12.  That is a monolith that they are having trouble with integrating
into the company mantra.  They'll figure it out, I'll be waiting and then
perhaps things will move along from there.
Thank you for the "rumor" post Lindsay!!  Most encouraging, even with salt.
-Aaron-