 Local / United Kingdom / 6518
Re: Interesting Conversation re: Service Packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 23:32:49 GMT

It's kind of hard for companies to judge the demand for a product until they
actually toss some of it out there.  I think all of the old Castles and
Pirates minifig stuff (parts and complete minifigs) would do well.  Watch
the line form for full red and blue-coated shako-shaking soldiers, for example.

In part, the infrastructure for the hard-core to find this information out
has grown.  As has the market for it.  When I started serious collecting
with the last of the Pirates, there were a number of individual sales and
auctions on rec.toys.lego, but nothing like the continuous and massive
amounts of Lego that can be found on eBay and Brickbay.  The pent-up demand
has grown, and perhaps this illustrates how much it has grown beyond a few
fanatics.

We'll see where this goes.  I don't really expect Lego to do something that
doesn't turn 'em a profit (nor am I asking them to).  Win-win situations are
the best.

bruce