 Local / United Kingdom / 6531
Re: Interesting Conversation re: Service Packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 14:55:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Another interesting bit of trivia:  Apparently someone
  at US S@H intimated that there was no demand for these
  sorts of accessories, thus why the effort to distribute
  them was belated and stunted.  Again, the predictions
  were *totally* inadequate for the reality.

That's real encouraging.  Sounds like someone doesn't know
their market very well.  Let's see, old service packs with
foam rubber tires, square pistons and garage doors.  Does anyone
think that would sell in the US market?  Naaaaaaa.

  The big shocker for me was the very frank statement that
  S@H was "looking closely" at the possibility of putting
  a few things back into limited production.  He had no
  idea how closely that looking was being done, nor any
  idea if the moulds were even still in existence or what
  those "few things" might actually be, but IMHO it
  bears noting that we've at least made believers out of
  the phone bank and CS people at Lego S@H Europe in the
  profit potential of older parts, even outside the gold
  rush of a short-term strike.  And changes happen more
  quickly and surely the more people within a company
  who are aware!

Remember what I said about leaks probably coming from outside LD?
I bet that operator knew alot more than he told you :)

KL