 Marketplace / Shopping / 5511
Re: New bulk elements, new catalog arrives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:29:48 GMT

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000 22:26:16, "Marc Nelson Jr."
<manjr@bricksonthebrain.com> wrote:

It would be much easier to expand my castle if I could get grey 1x4's cheaper
than .12 a piece.

You can:  the going rate on Brickbay seems to be about a dime.  Given
the frequency with which sellers have 10- or 20-percent off sales, you
may be able to save even more,  with careful shopping.

Otoh,  just one person planning to build a large castle from scratch
could suck up a large percentage of the supply of those 10-cent
bricks.

It's more than a little puzzling that TLC chose those ridiculously
small bag sizes:  granted,  there will be some kids saving up their
allowances to buy some add-on bricks.  But I have to believe that the
biggest chunk of that market is AFOLs,  most of whom want to buy in
hundreds or thousands.  And TLC should be able to give them better
value *and* make more money by selling bigger bags.

Ran