 Marketplace / Shopping / 5510
5509  |  5511
Subject:
Fall Tent Sale at LEGOLAND
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:40:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey all!

I popped over to LEGOLAND yesterday to enjoy some more wonderful Halloween
activity, and while I was passing the parking lot I notices a large, familiar
tent in the parking lot.  Well, to make an unimportant story short, LEGOLAND
is having another tent sale.  It isn't a 50% off sale like last time (the
discout varies) and the selection of LEGO sets is smaller, but there are some
good deals to take advantage of.  There is no definite ending date, but the
workers seemed to think it would be going on for another couple of weeks.

Due to an upcoming birth I am not offering to buy sets for other LUGNETters.
It was fun and I enjoyed it, but I have a lot to do right now.  I did ask
several people there about shipping tent sale items to people who can't make
it in person.  For those who are interested, the information will be at the
end of the message.

Here are the sets and prices - listed only in the order that I came across
them in the tent.  :)

3442  $6.19
6424  $12.39
6104  $2.35
6572  $3.71
6468  $4.61
6567  $2.47
6907  $13.63
6766  $35.30
6817  $2.47
6837  $4.95
6496  $9.91
6905  $9.29
5938  $2.95
6013  $1.71
6431  $2.47
8205  $3.69
2129  $3.69
6497  $17.35
5925  $3.71
5958  $18.59
8268  $9.29
5205  $2.04
8213  $4.95
8257  $30.99
8245  $18.58
6836  $1.73
6829  $2.60
6110  $1.77
3333  $.52
2161  $13.17
3038  $36.88

I believe the prices and set numbers are correct, but I have a hard time
reading my handwriting sometimes.  They may add more sets toward the end of
the sale like they did last time, but I don't know.  I'll update the list if
necessary, but I'll probably only go a couple more times before the tent sale
is over.

The LEGOLAND post office is supposed to be in charge of taking and placing
orders to be shipped.  Their phone number is 1-760-918-5300 ext. 497.  If you
can't reach them the Big Shop may be able to take the order.  Their phone
number is the same, but use ext. 856 or 852.  The tent sale worker didn't know
what shipping would be, but said they used UPS and and usually groud shipped,
but could also overnight ship, and that shipping would be based on weight,
which the post office would calculate over the phone.

If you do buy sets and have them shipped, please let me know how it went so I
can give more accurate information for future tent sales.  Either reply to
this post or email me.

Thanks,

John Gramley