 Marketplace / Shopping / 3704
Re: Shopping tip -- Big K-Mart BOGO@50%
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:14:40 GMT

Dennis Williamson wrote:

I've found this disarray to be typical of Kmarts, especially the toy department.
It's things like this that hurt a retailer and they are often (or seem to be)
unaware of its affect.

The K-Marts I worked at (years ago) were perfectly aware of its effect.  The
problem was that they couldn't afford an employee to full-time straighten up
the toy department shelves, and that's what it would probably take to keep up
with the kids.  Especially the ones that got plopped down to use the toy aisle
as a "babysitter" while mommy does her shopping.

Chris Phillips wrote:

I don't know if this has been said here, but I "just happened" to be in my
local Big K-Mart (in Raynham, Massachusetts) where I noticed that they are
also running a buy one get one at half price promotion on LEGO this week.  I
don't know if this deal is local or widespread, but if you can manage to
combine this offer with some of their clearance prices you'd be doing pretty
good.

Unfortunately, it was kinda hard to take full advantage of the deal here since
their LEGO department looked like it had been hit by a school bus.

--
sakura @ mediaone.net             Jeff Johnston              jeffj @ io.com
LEGO Page (Set Reviews & MOCs): http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura