 Marketplace / Shopping / 3686
Re: Shopping tip with TRU BOGO and coupon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 02:02:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

steve wrote in message ...
If you're shopping this week at Toys R Us for the buy one get one 50% off, • you
can also use the $10 off coupon for episode 1 sets that total $49.99 or • more.
The computer does not automatically take the $10 off and the manager will • have
to override it.  You may have to ask to make sure they will do this.

The coupons are available in the store.  The computer scans the first one • and
gives the next set at 50%, so the order of the scanning does matter.

A note of clarification, it takes the lowest price of each pair and gives
the 50% off that one. I just verified what it did with my receipts. I bought
a bunch of Z-NAP sets ($1.97 and $2.97) and Castle Defense Archer ($1.99)
and Axe Carts ($2.99). I had the clerk ring up the $2ish sets separately
from the $3ish sets, but I didn't care about the few pennies I might lose by
having it end up taking the 50% off the Z-NAP sets. The order of ringing up
ended up with one pair with a $2.97 Z-NAP set 1st and an Axe Cart 2nd, and
it took $1.49 off (whereas a pair of Axe Carts resulted in $1.50 off -
actually, on the $3ish sets, I got the optimum sale since I have 5 Axe Carts
and 5 $2.97 Z-NAP sets, I also got the optimum on the $2ish sets, all the
Defense Archer's were in pairs, and all the Z-NAP were in pairs). Of course,
as a result of how it rung up, I don't know if it would take 50% off the 1st
set when the 2nd set was rung up (but since that would be a bizarre way to
code it, I'll assume it's coded reasonably intelligently, and takes the sale
on the lowest of the two prices).

At any rate, all you need to do to make sure a mixed collection rings up is
make sure the clerk rings up the pairs correctly, not as good as K-Mart's
new method which does the sale after all the items are rung up, and picks
the best set of pairs, but not as bad as the way K-Mart did it early last
year where is took the 50% off the N/2 lowest priced sets).

Frank