 Marketplace / Shopping / 3692
Re: Shopping tip with TRU BOGO and coupon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:12:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:
I don't know if it would take 50% off the 1st
set when the 2nd set was rung up (but since that would be a bizarre way to
code it, I'll assume it's coded reasonably intelligently, and takes the sale
on the lowest of the two prices).

Yes, it does.  I bought two large sets yesterday: Flying Ninja's Fortress @
$69.98 and King Leo's Castle @ $89.99.  They were scanned in that order, but I
got 50% off the first set, saving me $34.99.

BTW, I had to look hard to find King Leo's Castle.  (I prefer to call it "King
Leo's Summer Cottage", but that a topic for .debate)  They had it stashed away
behind some of the older sets.  But I have learned from experience to always
look _behind_ the first row of boxes that you see in any LEGO aisle...

I was actually afraid to buy a couple of $4 sets at the same time, because I
figured it would probably pair them up with the bigger items to discount me $4
total.