 Marketplace / Shopping / 3705
Re: Shopping tip -- Big K-Mart BOGO@50%
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Johnston writes:
Dennis Williamson wrote:

The K-Marts I worked at (years ago) were perfectly aware of its effect.  The
problem was that they couldn't afford an employee to full-time straighten up
the toy department shelves, and that's what it would probably take to keep up
with the kids.  Especially the ones that got plopped down to use the toy aisle
as a "babysitter" while mommy does her shopping.

their LEGO department looked like it had been hit by a school bus.

Same situation at both my local K-Marts. The entire toy section looks
horrible. But this can also be an advantage for us LEGO collectors. Alot of
the old sets in my K-Marts stay hidden because children do not look behind the
mess of junk. I have taken advantage of this situation many times before, so
check your local K-Mart really well, because you never know what you may
find! :)

--Rich

Looking for discontinued sets MISB?
http://www.brickfan.bigstep.com