 Marketplace / Shopping / 3562
  Shell promo sets coming April 10th

As reported earlier the Shell promotional sets are not rumors in the U.S. The promotion starts tomorrow April 10th!! The sets are the earlier ones: Small sets (I believe $2 each) 2535 - 2544 town, driver, extreme team, fright night, adventurers, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) <snip> (...) OK, let me get this straight. I just moved to the US so I don't know how the promos work... -Can you just stop by and ask if they have the LEGO promo sets? -You don't have to buy gas to get them? -How much discount is there if you (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) technic (...) $1.19 when you buy $10 worth of gasoline, so I am guessing $2 when you don't? Promotion has started in parts of Souther California and Southern Florida, the two biggest gas-consuming regions in America. (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) Yes. (...) In some cases, no. Some stations make you buy gas, some won't, others will let you pay a discount if you do. (...) $10 of gas means the small sets are $1.19 each. Keep in mind the gas stations can price the items as they please, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

steve wrote in message ... (...) Hmm... Does this include Canada Shell Stations too? He-Who-Can't-Wait-To...k-With-Gas Sardonically, DBR -- "To infinity and beyond!" (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

They don't seem to have them in Houston, yet. Dennis (...) -- Dennis Williamson - Certified Y2K Complacent Bad News: The next millenium starts on a Monday. Good News: You get the day off. (remove .NO and SPAM. to reply) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) So far, I've struck out locating any in western Ohio, too. Hey, Columbus people, any luck yet? Paul (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) The 2 shell stations I checked here in the SF area did not yet have them. Oakland High St KMart/880 and SF 4th and Bryant Paul Sinasohn bearitone@my-deja.com (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

They are all over Fresno. Mike Paul Sinasohn <bearitone@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:FsvJA8.9vx@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

Yes, but supposedly they STARTED in SoCal. Now why NoCal didn't follow soon after, I don't know <grumble, grumble>. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

Hey, No complaining. They supposedly started in So. Cal, but I live here in LA, and while I have heard all the radio promos, I still haven't seen ANY sets in the 12 Shell stations that I stopped in. I'll try more tomorrow. Perhaps I'll FINALLY see (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

I have tried several stations around the Dallas, TX area and no luck. Is there a way we can find out if this is going to be nation wide or only in certian areas. (...) LA, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

Called the two stations in Fort Worth, no luck either. Anybody call corporate yet and see if they are available via mail? :-) (...) <major snippage> (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) Nothing on the Shell or Lego websites. :-( April fools jokes are only on April 1st right. (1) Julie (1)No offense intended to those who posted they have seen the sets. (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

I spoke to a Shell station attendant near me (Boston, MA). On Tuesday he told me he had been told to expect the LEGO to be coming, but he didn't know when. So it's coming, just be a little patient. :) Michael (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) I emailed Shell through the link on its countonshell.com website last night asking when and if Northern California would get them, but I haven't heard back yet. None of the clerks I asked at three different Shell stations in Solano county knew (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) asking (...) None (...) a (...) Chevron (...) cars (...) were (...) I'm driving along thinking at the back of my mind that I need to stop and get gas before I get home, when lo and behold, the gas station just up ahead has signs that simply (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) I've looked all over Dallas, too, with no luck. I talked to one station owner who never even heard of the promotion. (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

(...) The same continues in western Ohio. I collected another blank look from a different station today. As with the owner you mention. they've never heard of it. Anyone want any Cincinnati Bengals promo glasses? That's what we've got. (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th

To All, Still zero up here in Michigan. I went from Ann Arbor to Big Rapids this weekend to see my fiancée at Ferris State, and nothing. I stopped by a few Shell stations on the way up. I went to the new Shell station in Big Rapids, and the clerk (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)