 Marketplace / Shopping / 3565
Re: Shell promo sets coming April 10th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 17:05:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Steve Chuck writes:
As reported earlier the Shell promotional sets are not rumors in the U.S. • <snip>
No need to buy gas, however, there may be a discount if you do.

OK, let me get this straight. I just moved to the US so I don't know how the
promos work...

-Can you just stop by and ask if they have the LEGO promo sets?

Yes.

-You don't have to buy gas to get them?

In some cases, no. Some stations make you buy gas, some won't, others will let
you pay a discount if you do.

-How much discount is there if you do buy gas?

$10 of gas means the small sets are $1.19 each. Keep in mind the gas stations
can price the items as they please, even though most will stick with MSRP.
Stations outside of large metropolitan areas will probably charge more than
innner-city ones.

TIA!
-Shiri