 Marketplace / Shopping / 1213
  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) and they told me the same thing. Do you think it's possible that someone at TRU, if they wanted to, could tell us when the new sets will be on shelves? My reasoning is thus- 1. A TRU buyer went to ToyFare and ordered x number of sets. 2. Lego (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

<A SNIPPING WE WILL GO> (...) Don't Lego employees, or at least contracted employees of Lego, stock the Lego aisle at TRU? Wouldn't this mean that the regular TRU worker really doesn't have any idea of when the Lego sets will be stocked. They may be (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) I've seen blue-vested TRU employees pull Lego pallets out and stock them before with my own eyes. Chris (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) Yes. The system MUST have that capability, and it must be accessable. TRU would not have become the monolithic chain it has without inventory controls and excellent tracking capabilities. However, it is also possible, (even likely) that the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) opposite. Since most customers are looking for a particular item it is very useful for the floor workers to be able to access what is in stock or when it is expected in. Then again the toy store industry is a far cry from the retail field I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) So the $64k question is, kids: We can probably assume from what you guys have said that SOMEONE in the TRU corporation, not necessarily someone at a store, could, if they wanted to (and you'd think they would- we're going to spend a LOT of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) Oh the folks in the stores can find out. But practically speaking, it's not worth their time. Because, well, you're going to buy them regardless of when they hit the shelf, right? So unless you know someone, or can convince someone, to hunt (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) My (...) warehouses, (...) Well LEGO has manufacturers reps that vist many retailers to check on stock levels, placement, appearance and such tasks. They will take and fill the shelves if they are not full(and sometimes if they are!) if the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU venting (was Re: Prices of New Star Wars LEGO)

(...) Hey Chris, How's about we kidnap this person's (insert identity of object of affection) and force them to sleep on BURPs 'till the person(s) give us what we want. Information. Who is Number One? (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)