 Marketplace / Shopping / 10913
Re: 4400 available at US S@H (on backorder)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:50:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Reuland wrote:
I see that the 4400 is listed on S@H but is SOLD OUT and does not say anything
about the bonus 300 parts.

Nice score for those that got them!

We can now only hope that they appear at a Walmart near us.............

The 4400 saga continues ...

And as it continues, it is also likely to upset a few people.  I suspect I was
one of the first to order the 4400 tubs, Tom Stangl had mentioned it on a
private e-mail list.  I called S@H early on 10/30 and ordered 10 of the tubs in
order to get free shipping.  I tossed in a couple of 10090 turkeys as well.  The
woman I spoke with was unfamiliar with the tub but gladly took my back order.

I called Cary Clark shortly afterwards on my way to work and let him know too.

I got a shipping notice via e-mail on 10/31 for the two turkeys but it made no
mention (not even back order) of the 10 tubs.  Fast forward to last Thursday:  I
was out of town but my wife told me I had received five packages from LEGO so I
figured I had gotten my order.  I was a bit worried when people started posting
about cancellation notices but I never got one.  Cary had received his the
previous day so I figured I stood a good chance to get them since I knew my
order was in before his was (but wierder things have happened).  But my turkeys
never arrived.  Hmm ... I need to call LEGO about those.

Last night I arrived home from work to find five more 4400 cartons in my
driveway.  Yep, LEGO double shipped my order.  I was surprised to say the least.
A separate package containing two turkey sets was also in the mailbox (via
USPS).

This morning I called S@H and told them about the double shipping, the missing
turkeys from my original order and that I wanted to keep the extra tubs.  They
gladly charged me again for just the tubs.

Anyone else get a double shipment of 4400 tubs?  I do know I am not the only one
who did, I am just wondering who else did and how wide spread this mistake was.

Mike - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com