 Marketplace / Shopping / *4034 (-20)
  Re: 6416 Poolside Paradise (was Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet)

Most (but not all) of the sets I picked up have no piece count on the box, suggesting that they were not made for the US market. Poolside Paradise in particular has a catalogue written in Japanese, printed in 1995. Lego hasn't penetrated the (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  How to get 3408 Super Sport Coverage cheap

I called S@H and inquired as to the above set. The price: $33. That sucks. So I went to www.zainybrainy.com, where it's listed for $29.99, but that's a wash once the shipping is factored in. BUT, I used the $10 off $25 purchase coupon (Code: ZBEVER (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet

(...) Maggie said she's not selling. If anyone else runs across these, I will buy all you are willing to sell me at a 25% markup from your cost, for project use. (that is, the ones you sell me will not be seen again as sets, but rather as parts in (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  6416 Poolside Paradise (was Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet)

I have been thinking about this and it sure seems strange. Where would this quantity of Paradisa sets been hidden for the last 3 years? I don't recall ever seeing them in a S@H sale or on a speical page in the catalog. Very interesting how these (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

(...) I know what you mean. Especially since I run the computer labs at the University of Tennessee. :) Actually, though, the space I could provide would come in the form of space on either an account I paid for, a machine I own (but it IS on the (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

(...) This is one of the biggest things I miss about running the computer labs at The University of Missouri. I had what felt like ubiquitous computing. I could have slid >20GB onto the web or more onto the campus backbone, assigned any.edu as a web (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Star Wars 7159 Pod Racing Bucket has arrived.

(...) Just got an e-mail today from The Construction Site, they have most of the new sets in (though only one race set was listed - but they may have already had some of the items in). (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

(...) If Steve (or someone else) can give directions for doing this in a mostly automated way I can leave my new 850 at home running it while I'm at work. I have scads of free hard drive space and a fast connection (from work - I can burn the images (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

(...) The 80x60 thumbnails take at an average 3K. To have 50,000 of them would require 150MB of disk space which is about 1/2 of the total Brickbay webhosting disk space so it _is_ possible. The question is, who would do all the rendering? And what (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego Find of the Week -- Maggie Cambron!

Many thanks, Maggie! -- Richard (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

Would it be possible to set up a script to do all the parts in all the colors? If so, I'd be willing to run it, process the pictures, and host them from my simplenet site. As it is right now, making each one in MLCAD would probably take me a year to (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet

Thanks Maggie for the great tip. Great for me, anyway. I just dropped nearly $800 at the KB Toy Liquidators at the Smithfield, NC location. Some of the prices are certainly much better than others, but if you spend over $500 you can ask for a 10% (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

Steve, do tell! How does one get this function to work in LDLite? Thanks jake (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Star Wars 7159 Pod Racing Bucket has arrived.

(...) They were at the Orlando LIC this week, and I got one, along with the 7190 Falcon and 7180/1 Darth Vader Tie Fighter AATs and MTTs were also in stock. I'll bring all to the 6/10 BAYLUG meeting Paul S (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

The KB Toy Outlet at the Morrisville, NC Factory Outlet has nothing new. All they have is a couple of UFO sets. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

(...) So? ;) (...) LDLite will do this. The only drawbacks are that the output always goes to ldraw/bitmap/, and the filename is munged with the step number. So make sure the bitmap directory is always kept empty, generate the file, and just take (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

I want to see the site, but this URL doesn't work. How can I see it? Thanks (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

(...) Highly unlikely. There are 2,500 parts * 20 colors = 50,000 images! It would be nice if you could generate parts from MLCAD in Batch Mode. That is, you'd just specify the color, part and image size as parameters on the command line and the (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickbay Temp URL Available

(...) I don't think grey images should be necessary--but why not a white part on a white background, to indicate monochromaticity instead of the colour white? That would keep bandwidth as low as possible and keep us to a single image. However, if (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Exciting finds at Toy Liquidators aka KB Outlet

I called the one in Smithfield, North Carolina: the woman who answered was very helpful. She couldn't give me the prices, because they had just received the shipment and hadn't priced them yet, but she had a bunch of Duplo plus: 6572 Wind Runners (...) (24 years ago, 25-May-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact