 Marketplace / Shopping / *10914 (-20)
  Re: Improved Pick-A-Brick packing

Our biggest concern was to see how many 2x4 blocks we could easily get in each cup. So far the easiest way I have found is as below......... (URL) This results in 136-2x4, 1-2x2, 21-1x4, 18-1x2 plus room for a few other little items like tiles. This (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4400 available at US S@H (on backorder)

(...) The 4400 saga continues ... And as it continues, it is also likely to upset a few people. I suspect I was one of the first to order the 4400 tubs, Tom Stangl had mentioned it on a private e-mail list. I called S@H early on 10/30 and ordered 10 (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

"Brian H. Nielsen" <70401.2635@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:Ho7I4n.197H@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ...] (...) down by (...) If you (...) So the real question is - how long did this take you? Mike (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Improved Pick-A-Brick packing

I recently made a trip to the pick-a-brick at the Orlando LEGO Imagination Center and spent time stacking bricks to fit inside the large cup. After I returned home and counted my booty (1071.67 cubic bricks) I decided to investigate what the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Kmart BOGO 50% off this week

FWIW Kmart (US) is doing BOGO 50% off this week. When they did this a month or so ago my nearest Kmart didn't have squat, but YMMV (better I hope!). Maggie C. (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4400 available at US S@H (on backorder)

(...) Confirm that the inventory on peeron matches one tub that I just checked. A few notes... 1) The parts listed on the tub's side label are in seperate bags from the "Extra Value!" pcs. 2) Three of the parts are listed on the side label and have (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4400 available at US S@H (on backorder)

I see that the 4400 is listed on S@H but is SOLD OUT and does not say anything about the bonus 300 parts. Nice score for those that got them! We can now only hope that they appear at a Walmart near us......... (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4400 available at US S@H (on backorder)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote: ... (...) I'd love to know the story behind this tub. Apart from the oddness of listing only the common colors on the outside label, it suggests that LEGO has greatly increased their ability to produce (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4400 available at US S@H (on backorder)

(...) My 10 red tubs arrived today. I have opened one and I must say... this is the most eclectic collection of colors that I have ever seen in a tub or bucket. Bravo Lego ! Sometime later today or tomorrow, I will compare the contents to the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4405 Blue tub (1305 pieces) now available from S@H (UK)

(...) Looks very comparative to the 4400 Tub. Obviously many differences, but still the lone 3x3 double convex slopes, lone 2x4 slopes and double slopes, etc. I do however envy these pieces: Trans-Light Blue Brick, Modified 2 x 4 with Curved Top - (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: My Pick-A-Brick Experience

(...) The way they have it set up at LLCA the customers are able to put it on the scale themself and the weight and price shows up. I see MANY parents saying "thats too much, go put it back" to the kids who have a bag full of mixed up parts. I would (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: My Pick-A-Brick Experience

(...) Not that I have any real clue, but I'd probably guess because one or many of: - extra maintenance keeping a scale accurate - having customers constantly waiting to weigh their winnings, until they had gotten up to their desired price - making (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: My Pick-A-Brick Experience

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote: Thanks for sharing the story, I always like hearing about these types of things. (...) I think there may be some benefits to the cups over the weight system. I took one of the large cups with me on my (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: My Pick-A-Brick Experience

I have made a couple trips to the Woodfield P-A-B store since it opened. I quikly learned that taking your time packing the blocks in can result in 30-40% or more increase in your spoils! Trees really require a few minutes work to pack in the cups (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  My Pick-A-Brick Experience

I had the opportunity to visit the new Chicagoland LEGO store at Woodfield Mall last night. Tim Courtney and Ondrew Hartigan (who both work there but were not on duty) offered to meet me at the store and I met up with them shortly after 7:00. Over (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) hehe Anyway, these should make excellent jobs for those AFOL's who _have_ been hired by Lego Retail. Good luck to those individuals. Just don't push for display space for MOC's for at least a month or so :) :) And seriously, if there were to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 4405 Blue tub (1305 pieces) now available from S@H (UK)

(...) Haha, being a castle lover myself, I was drooling over the 56 grey 2x2s per tub... And you're right about the "usefulness" of 2x2s over 1x1s. -Bryan (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: 4405 Blue tub (1305 pieces) now available from S@H (UK)

I'd rather have "too many" 2x2s than too many 1x1s. 2x2s are very useful (and easier to sell in the colors you don't need). The ton of grey 2x2s is a Castle lovers dream, I'm sure (I don't need them from my 20 tubs, so I'm selling all 1120 of them, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Lego Kiosk

(...) The recent Target toys seasonal ad book contains the 4512 Cargo Train but lists it as an "online exclusive" or somesuch. I take that to mean it won't be in Target stores, which will remove the single most consistent source of cheap (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) You've heard? ;-) -Tim (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact