 General / 43439
Re: 4405 Blue tub (1305 pieces) now available from S@H (UK)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 01:21:26 GMT

I'd rather have "too many" 2x2s than too many 1x1s.  2x2s are very useful (and easier
to sell in the colors you don't need).

The ton of grey 2x2s is a Castle lovers dream, I'm sure (I don't need them from my 20
tubs, so I'm selling all 1120 of them, but a lot of people are going to be happy
getting them in their tubs).

legocentric wrote:

In lugnet.general, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:

What an insane parts selection, you'd have to buy something like 10 buckets to
get any usable amounts of the single parts. And that would give you more 2 x 2
bricks then you'll need in a lifetime (OK, so that is obviously not true).

Thanks for the link Martin!

Perhaps it is true!
I have to ask, doubtless it has been asked before
but what's with the huge number of 2x2 bricks ?
Duplo always had way too many of these and
looking thru the parts inventory for the tubs
i see it still (2x2's hugely over-represented in the greys (36)
but not the orange (6))
Would not a 2x4 brick be a more sensible 'basic' piece in these sets ?
And what to do with 1 brown 2x4 slope and 1 brown 2x4 double slope
and some other singletons in there?
I suppose that's the challenge !?

Ronan

PS. The eyes come in pairs ;)