 Marketplace / Shipping / 153
Re: sign up for $20 free postage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 04:11:06 GMT

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:56:03 GMT, "Michael Hader" <mhader@hubcap.clemson.edu>
wrote:

In lugnet.market.shipping, Robert Farver writes:

Actually you can't just print on plain paper or stickers, you have to use
special labels just for stamps.  The special labels have a pink band across
the top (take a look at any package you may have that has a USPS printed
postage label on it and you'll see what I mean.)

Not every post office uses those pink band labels you are talking about.  I am
a clerk at the Student Post Office (Clemson University) and our meter strips
are plain white labels.  Pretty much if you can get it to stick on the package,
you can use it.

michael hader
http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~mhader/lego

Are you using a USPS label printer or are you using a standard business postage
meter (like a Pitney Bowes)?  Postage meters don't use the pink band labels
because they don't have bar codes in them.  USPS labels printed at the post
office include the destination zip code in bar code format.  The internet
postage
labels include that plus other coded info.  It is a USPS requirement to print
internet postage on the pink lined labels.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rfarver  |