 Marketplace / Shipping / *262 (-10)
  Re: Envelopes are NOT enough (was Re:...never receive your package?

(...) Maybe it's just us Albertans - the feds don't like that we don't have a provincial sales tax. :-) Seriously, I suspect it's because Kevin's stuff is below Cdn$50 in value and is coming from a private individual who is correctly taking the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Envelopes are NOT enough (was Re:...never receive your package?

(...) Hasn't happened to me recently... it's definitely you they are after, James :-) Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego Web page: (URL) Park: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Envelopes are NOT enough (was Re:...never receive your package?

(...) I've noticed lately (last 2-3 months?) that everything coming from the US has been tagged for GST. Have any other Canucks noticed this, or it is "pick on James" month at Canada Customs? James (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Envelopes are NOT enough (was Re:...never receive your package?

(...) Lego coming into Canada is duty-free too, but strictly you get charged GST on it. Whether Canada Post bothers to collect that sometimes depends on the size of the shipment and other times seems to be quite random. Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Envelopes are NOT enough (was Re:...never receive your package?

(...) Padded envelopes can work if an extra layer of bubble wrap is put around the bag of parts. An interesting twist which seems to work fairly well. I have now received several packages from overseas where an unopened set has been wrapped in (...) (24 years ago, 11-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Envelopes are NOT enough (was Re:...never receive your package?

In lugnet.market.shipping, Steve Chapple writes: <snipped good advice> (...) Disagree. 3.5 diskettes are not solid. I have received a damaged one in a padded envelope that apparently was lying somewhere spanning a gap and took an point end in the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Envelopes are NOT enough (was Re:...never receive your package?

(...) Envelopes - padded or otherwise - just don't cut it for LEGO shipping. The ziploc inside lessens the danger, but it's still not good enough. I RX'd three packages last week. Two were in padded envelopes, one of which managed to survive, but (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

(...) delivery (...) I think that's the implication. If you decline to request delivery conf, you are at least implicitly saying you will take the sellers word for it. I know, that's not good enough for the IRS, but it is for most sellers. Hence I (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

"john hadd" <limitup@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:G265sq.9yz@lugnet.com... (...) of all (...) YES, YES, YES!! (...) with (...) would (...) and I (...) I agree/concede (without checking) that this is the official policy/law of the USPS, but I (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: What do you do when you never receive your package?

(...) Well, To me, the whole shipping thing is the most complicated and vague of all the selling and trading issues, a lot of unknowns and unproveables. I do not think that you can transfer the liability to the buyer, maybe in writing with the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact