 Marketplace / Services / 533
  Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning

(...) You apparently don't understand either the situation I'm reporting or the one Paul found himself in. Have you ever tried to dispute a credit card charge or do you have a store where you accept PayPal as payment? (...) The specific details are (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning

(...) Yes to both. I have had funds returned to me that I did not spend. I also run a BL shop and sell on Ebay. I also take CC's for subscrptions on a non-lego, non-paypal site. I understand how this works *very* well. My point was is if something (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning

(...) The seller who had the money taken from his bank account confirmed that " The buyer is not claiming 'No Delivery'. The buyer is under investigation for possible fraud. " and that " PP does not dispute that I indeed delivered the items. " and (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning

(...) Hi Steve: I think that part of the problem is that we're basically forced to discuss your second-hand report by an anonymous individual regarding an undisclosed transaction with an anonymous third-party, none of which we can verify with any (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning

(...) I am not understanding what you think is wrong here. The buyer was a fraud - he used a stolen card or something right? So what makes you think even for a second the seller would be able to keep the stolen money that he was paid with? Read this (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning

I think originally they stated the shipment was too a 'confirmed address' I think, which means that in theory PayPal did the funky confirmation that you get the bill for a credit card, which kinda defeats most easy fraud, or am I mistaken? (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning

(...) True enough; While I have no reason to doubt him, I do have only his word. To be fair, his Email was, I think, written when the wounds were still fresh as it were, and also written just to me, not as a public post. In addition, he sells (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: $7000+ PayPal Warning

(...) It's not a matter of whether or not people believe that PayPal took back $7G from this guy, I certainly believe that it could happen. But the guy is taking it as a personal attack by PayPal and acting as if they plan to just keep his money. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.services)